Could this be a sign of good things to come?

My SO and I have had a few little rough patches the past few months because of pregnancy complications and he had become a little distant for a while which I assumed was because of stress. Yesterday he was able to come to an ultrasound appointment with me and saw the baby (turns out she's a girl) and was able to hear the Dr. say that she was a healthy little girl and that as long as my cervix stays closed that we're going to have a great pregnancy from here on out. So that brings us to today, he decided that we should get groceries today so that we would have a free weekend, while we were shopping he remembered everything that I usually forget, but always want as soon as I remember, and even got stuff to make what I've been craving. Now, does it sound to anyone else like maybe he's getting over the funk he was in, I'm really hoping that's what this is, but it's always nice to have a second opinion.

heratyc

Asked by heratyc at 11:43 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Aww sounds like he is really trying. Remember to praise the heck out of him for the little and big things. Give him plenty of attention for all that he is trying to do. Congrats to you!!!!
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:16 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• It sounds like maybe a big weight was lifted off of his shoulders with this news. Congradulations!
    Mary_CoreysMom

Answer by Mary_CoreysMom at 11:46 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• It definitely sounds like he's trying! And not to burst your bubble but my SO did the same thing and continued to do it for maybe a month after our baby was born and then went back to his normal self...but it was fun while it lasted. Hopefully yours keeps it up.
    Anonymous

• Anon- here's the funny thing, what he's doing now is more like the way he was before all the complications showed up, it's almost like getting him back. I know that he's been trying to do a little more for me, he's even tried to make it to more than that one appoinment but work didn't allow for it. So I kind of get the feeling that I'm getting the guy I fell in love with back, lol.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 11:50 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Awwww, so sweet, goodluck and Congrats on the Baby girl!!!
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 11:54 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Thanks guys, I know how hard he's trying (and if I went into the job he has he would look like superman) and one of the things I forgot to mention was that not only did he get me what I needed to make what I've been craving, but he also helped me get it mostly prepared and put in the freezer (so I can just take it out and pop it in the oven) I was actually having some trouble doing it myself and he said it was cute but he didn't want me to cut myself. He's been taking so little time for himself that I just don't know how he handles it (pretty soon I'm going to tell him to take a guys night because honestly, he deserves it and he hasn't had one in a while). The worst I can say about the funk he was in was that he was distant, but he seems to be over that, so I just get the feeling that he's getting back to normal, still, it is nice for other moms to agree with me, I'm just proud of him right now!
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 12:39 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Guys don't always feel the same girls do when they have a baby on the way, because they don't feel the same connections until they can experience some of it first hand.. so they panick a little.. I think him seeing the ultrasound is showing him that you are in this together.. and he feels safer now.. It's good that you have that connection.. and it will continue to grow. Congradulations.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:46 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Awww congratulations on the girl!!!!
    Sounds like he was just really stressed out and not knowing how to deal with all his feelings/emotions. Men aren't as good as expressing them as we are, so they often act funny when something is troubling them.
    I'm glad he was able to make it to this appointment. It sounds like a really positive thing for the both of you. I'm sure he's going to be his usual self now that this burden has been lifted off of his shoulders.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 11:52 PM on Feb. 28, 2009