tattoos and pregnancy

is it bad to get tattoos while pregnant? if so, why?

Naivenewcomer

Asked by Naivenewcomer at 11:45 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I was told absolutely no way are you supossed to get ink while pregnant
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 11:49 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I dont think most places would even do it because of the risk of contracting Hep B. That would be reason enough for me to wait until I was not pregnant and not nursing.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 11:50 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Your body goes through a lot of changes while your pregnant and your body could reject the ink, Like you r allergic to it.
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 11:54 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• if you happen to catch an infection fro the tattoo then it can transfer to the baby. Not a good thing. 6 weeks after giving bitrh they wont tat you either. bleeding issues
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 11:56 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• lame. i finally have enough $$$ to get what i want and i want to get my tat before i spend it all :[ boo.
    Naivenewcomer

Answer by Naivenewcomer at 11:57 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I heard the ink can get into your blood...and I assume that would be why my Dr. didn't want me to get one done while I was nursing. Pain also raises your blood pressure, so that could be another reason?
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:02 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• They say whereever you get the tattoo the baby will have a birthmark there and its true my ex sister in law got one not knowing she was prego and now my niece has a brithmark on her sholder.
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 1:58 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• why on earth would anyone pregnant want to get a Tattoo anyway? Hell! if they are injecting ink in your body ( and people are worried about hair dye) why would you even try it.. Skin stretches, etc. etc. There is enough to worry about like becoming a "good mother" . Put the Money toward your un-born child's college fund!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:02 AM on Mar. 2, 2009