anyone else able to think of good nick names for my son

well we found out we are having a baby boy. We will name him after his daddy Paul. the babys name will be Paul Edward Will IV. we call Paul Sr. Paul. We call Paul Jr. Eddie (cause of the middle name Edward) and my babys daddy is called Bubby. What would be a good nickname for our son?

JessFreeman

Asked by JessFreeman at 11:57 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That's kinda something you have to decide once he gets here. Once you get to know him something will just click and it will be the perfect nickname for your son!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:59 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Paul
    I am personally not a fan of giving the same name to a parent and a child....since I was called "Little First Name" my whole life,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• i agree, it will be easy once he gets here. Lol, I call my son "poot". I'm sure while pregnant I never once thought " ya know, poot would be cute!"
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:02 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• You'll think of something when he arrives.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 12:07 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• My uncle's name is Mike, his son's name is Mike, and his son's name is Mike. We call my uncle Mike, his son is Mikey, and Mikey's son is now called Little Mike. Very confusing but hey it works.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:09 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• The exact reason why we don't want a DH junior.

Honest, I'd go with Paul. Since there are two generations in between, when it matters, it likely won't be confusing, and when your son is an adult, his great-grandfather might not be around.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 12:13 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I'm sorry but giving a child the same name as a parent just shows a lack of imagination. I understand wanting to honor someone by naming your child after them, but think of your child years down the road and wether or not he will appreciate having dad's and granddad's name. I am sorry I can't give you a nice nn for your son.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• The right nickname will come after he is born and maybe not for even a few years when his personality starts to show... Sometimes it's nothing like their given name!
    Tylersm0m

Answer by Tylersm0m at 1:52 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• My ex & his dad have the same name. We call them Old Roger and Young Roger. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Feb. 28, 2009