Is anyone really using glass bottles to avoid the bpa chemical?

My baby would throw it. How do you do this if you do?

2mothershelpers

Asked by 2mothershelpers at 12:12 AM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• BPA is a chemical that mocks estrogen. When bottles are heated, the chemical can get released. While anon beliefs they are "safe" I think it's a risk no parent should take. Canada banned BPA products.

I breastfeed but we will probably use glass bottles when the new baby gets here. I wont need many bottles though. It will also depend on what kind of nipple she will take. My first daughter never took a bottle haha.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:03 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• They make BPA free plastic bottles too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• i have some bpa free plastic ones.
    and silicone ones.

the silicone ones are supposed to help with middle ear infections. They are really nice.
    mommy2be32509

Answer by mommy2be32509 at 12:15 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• They now make BPA plastic bottles. I would try born free, who I think have always been BPA free.

I will be using glass at first, but have thought I will probably end up switching later to the plastic versions as the baby gets older. I will be using Born Free for both versions.

Hope that helps.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 12:16 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• What is BPA ive never heard of it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• BPA is a chemical that the media was reporting would make babies sick, cause cancer, and a myriad of other horrible things.

The media was wrong. They misrepresented the study results as usual. There is no poisoning going on.

Use the bottles, sippy cups, toys, pacifiers, etc that you want. It was a big scare last couple of years....a needless scare.

Recent studies have supported previous ones in that the amount of the chemical in plastics is NOT harmful...but again, those results were barely reported. It wouldn't bring in the ratings for the media that they wanted.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:41 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• i dont use bottles, my boobies dont have bpa in them lol, but yeah i can see some baby giving themselves a concusion with those glass things! my son uses a cup for his juice and its bpa free, now though i think they all are by law
    Andrewsmom25

Answer by Andrewsmom25 at 7:37 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• most of the bottles here are BPA free now so im not going to worry so much about and im trying breastfeeding first anyways
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:28 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I just bought whatever bottles. But no I didn't buy the glass ones though because like you said both of my girls would have throwen them.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:31 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Anon read the studies and the actual conclusions, not just what the media reported.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Feb. 28, 2009