Am I overreacting?

My dh works out of town, leaves mon comes home thur nite & goes back fri morning & then comes home saturday and sunday... Well he took off today cause we had some business to take care of, I THOUGHT he would just stay home & leave in the morning. But instead he was in such a hurry to leave around 7. Its a 2 hr drive & he said he didnt wanna have to get up & head that way at 4 in the am.. I been so paranoid that he's "found" some1 else.. He says im crazy that he's there 4 work only but I just cant get it out of my head! He called at 9 to let me kno he made it & i've been tryn 2 call 2 tell him goodnight like we ALWAYS do & he hasnt answered or replied 2 my texts. He has about 7 guys that he stays with. Do u think he is cheating? He cheated on me when we 1st got 2gether 6yrs ago.. & now that he's 2hrs away im afraid he'll do it again.. Him & his buddies go 2 the bar sometimes but he says its no big deal? HELP ME CALM MY NERVES!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• I guess he could be asleep but I myself would keep calling until he answered! If you can't relax take a sleeping pill and get some sleep..
    SixPack747

Answer by SixPack747 at 12:20 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I would ask him to consider taking a job closer to home so he can be with you more often. If he outright refuses do some further investigating. He may truly just not want to get up at 4 am I can totally understand that but teh fact that he HAS cheated before is a bit concerning. It soudns like you need him close to keep your relationship stable and there is nothing wrong with that
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:20 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I would probably be reacting the same way you are, but maybe you should just take a step back and relax. Try not to get upset over something when you are just assuming, going on what's happened in the past, etc. And just focus on other things until something solid comes along. Just let him know you love him; it could be a number of different things. Let him know you miss him, too. And make sure he knows that if he needs to talk that he can talk to you. Good luck and I hope the best for you!
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 12:22 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Well he works for the union and this job is the only one that is available right now... So he HAS to do it. We have a 4mth old lil girl as well, he drove back & forth until the first of this month. We were getting up at 330 and he was leaving at 4 then not getting home until 8 and after dinner he was so tired from driving that he went to bed.. So I understand why he would want to stay up there its just driving me nuts... He hasnt acted any different really other than sometimes he doesnt answer when I call.. TMI lol but we usually have sex on thur sat and sun. But lastnight when he finally got in my dd was cranky and by the time I got her to sleep he had fallen asleep, so I thought maybe today, well we left the house at 730am and didnt get back home til 630 so there was no time again.. Maybe thats the reason all this is going thru my head lol.. IDK!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I went through this same thing and the more I thought about it the more paranoid I got.
    I began to show my husband more appreciation for all the work he does for our family and started having more sex with him so as to affair-proof my marriage and things have gotten much, better between us. There's not much you can do other then this. Unless you follow him sometime or have him followed, you'll never know..............it's up to you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• if your that upset, then you dont trust him. tell him you dont trust him, and get into counsiling.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 1:09 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I can't tell you if he is or not. because I don't know. It could be innocent.. like he is sleeping, or the battery died and he forgot to plug it in, or left it in the car.. etc... there are a lot of things it could be.. however you obviously don't like this distance, and perhaps you can talk to him about moving to be closer to his job... or some type of counseling so you can work through this.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:49 AM on Feb. 28, 2009