If you are christian do you read the bible every day?

If you are why or why not? Do you have a family bible study? Do you practice what you learn? Do you teach your kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes I do read one verse a day and sometimes more and yes I practice what I learn.. but we do all fall short and that is when Jesus picks me up. and yes I tell me children and teach them.. Great post by the way.. GOd bless

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 12:29 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I am for many, many reasons. The main thing is I just see the truth in it. I've experienced it. I am because I want to know God and be with him, and learn his way not the worldly ways. We don't have a family bible study ATM, but we pray every night. I will teach my kids when they are old enough. Still babies. I do practice what I learn too, but I don't always. There's a lot of things I've did and knew better not to, but that's the whole process, we will fail. The bible says we will.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I am not a Christian. I do read my Bible everyday though. I do not have a family Bible study. I practice what I feel is right. I will teach my kids what I feel is right.
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 12:30 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Yes! i read it and apply what I learn everyday.
    mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 12:31 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Thisloveofmine, just curious..What book in particular do you as an atheist read? I didn't know that.
    "I do read my Bible everyday though"
    Do you mean the Holy bible? Sorry, but I'm curious on it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• i will be honest, i dont everyday. but i know its imperative that i do. i have learning time with my kids a few times a week, and we are always incorporating scriptures or bible stories into our everyday life-how to handle things that come up at school, or how to use biblical principles to make good choices, etc. i do practice what i learn. that is one thing that is so important as a christian-its like in the bible where it says the seed will either fall in the soil, and grow, or it will fall on the sidewalk and do nothing. i want to grow, i want to help others grow. so i have to absorb what i learn from God like a sponge so that it can transform me and help me to be the person He made me to be. and its also important i do that to show my kids that the Word of God is more than just a story to our family-it is the principle of how we live.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 1:00 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• : mommiejay453--- yeah right!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I have just begun to read daily this yr . I found a bible that helped me a lot to stay on task. I love it. I am growing a lot as I read His word and listen to what He has to say about it in my own heart. I read because it is needed for my growth in Christ. I read it also because I know it is Father's love letter to me!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:39 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• This is the 5th straight time I've read the Bible cover to cover. It's how I start everyday,and as mommiejay said, I strive everyday to apply what I've read. Even though, I read it every year, I still find something new and wonderful each time. That's how God intends it to be.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 7:43 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Oh,and I forgot to add, I use my Women's Devotional Bible. I have 3 versions of it,and love them all. In fact, I will switch eacn year, so I can read the Devotions,and get something different each time. Between the devotionals,and the Scripture I read everyday, God has really spoken to me in ways I could have never imagined.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 7:45 AM on Feb. 28, 2009