Correct me if im wrong

Trinity. I dont belive in this but if you do feel free to corect me i dont think i understand it. God in the bible has a name in king james its in there Jehovah. His first born of creation has a name (Jesus) also in the bible as well. Jesus had a name in heaven Michael. If you belive in trinity do you belive they are both one person/individule? Like two people in one? No bashing every one is diffrent im just trying to understand another persons belife. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• God has many names, Jesus is not a creation of God, He is God and Jesus was never Michael. Michael is an Angel. The Trinity is God, the Father, Jesus, the Son and the Holy Spirit. They are all God in 3 individual persons.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 12:43 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• The trinity refers to three: God the Father, God the Son (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit....God the father is the creator of the Universe. Jesus His Son was sent to die on the cross for our Sins, and the Holy Spirit is with us wherever we go...this is Biblical Its not referring to the different names that Jesus has....Hope this helps.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:44 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• The way I look at it is for example You your hubby and kids you are three different people but are one with the same last name and are all one family.. That is how it is with God,Jesus and the Holy spirit thay are all one but three different individuals ...
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 12:47 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• OP here..... so while Jesus was growing up here on earth, was his father/he in heaven at the same time or did he leave heaven to come to earth?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Jesus also said "I and the Father are one." John 10:30 and "You call Me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for so I am." John 13:13. He was also called Immanuel, which means "God with us". Jesus himself showed what he meant by his being "one" with the Father. At John 17:21, 22, he prayed to God that his disciples "may all be one, just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you, that they also may be in union with us, . . . that they may be one just as we are one." Was Jesus praying that all his disciples would become a single entity? No, obviously Jesus was praying that they would be united in thought and purpose, as he and God were.—See also 1 Corinthians 1:10
    Just wanted to throw that in. Took it from another post but they said it better
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Trinity is 3. God the father, God the son, God the Holy Spirit. Jesus is not a creation but has always existed along with God. Jesus was there with God when the World was created.

Jesus left Heaven and came to Earth. God the Father was in Heaven.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 12:51 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Jesus was a form of God-God made as man. Father God was still in heaven while Jesus was here on earth.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 12:51 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Acts 7: 55,56 “Jesus was standing at god’s right hand” And Stephen the one having the vision made no mention of a holy spirit……. John 8:17,18 “the father who has sent me”

Christ is God’s Son and is inferior to Him…Matt. 3:17; John 8:42; 14:28; 20:17; 1 Cor. 11:3; 15:28

Christ was raised from the dead as an immortal spirit person 1 Pet. 3:18; Rom. 6:9; Rev. 1:17, 18….. How would god raise himself from the dead?

Why does Jesus always say throughout the bible "my father" When he prayed this way all his prayers would have been meaningless if he was praying to himself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Jesus is God in human flesh. He is not half God and half man. He is fully divine and fully man. That is, Jesus has two distinct natures: divine and human. Jesus is the Word who was God and was with God and was made flesh, (John 1:1,14). This means that in the single person of Jesus is both a human and divine nature. The divine nature was not changed. It was not altered. He is not merely a man who "had God within Him" nor is he a man who "manifested the God principle." He is God, second person of the Trinity.
    While Jesus was on earth, God the Father was in heaven. As was the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit was sent as a comforter to Christians on earth when Jesus ascended back to Heaven after His death on the cross & His resurrection.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 12:55 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• OP here....So they are two individuels, but are one with the way they feel/teach they are in union with eachother. I just dont get it. Im reading but i dont undwerstand how they are one person but also two. Am i not supose to get it?bIt just is one of those thing it just is what it is? Does any body else fully get it? Sorry i just dont get it but give me a brake im trying!!! LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Feb. 28, 2009