Need help... Advice please???

My son is three months old as of yesterday. And he has gotten a low fever twice this week. Hes been fussy off and on. He used to spit up a lot, and then I changed his formula and he has been great on it, and now this last week hes spitting up like crazy. And hes drooling like crazy. He just hasnt been acting completely like himself. Hes still smiley, but just a lot fussier than usual. I took him to the doc and they said hes fine. So what could it be???? Would a growth spert cause this?? Or could he be teething??? Id think he was way too young for that.

ashtonjames

Asked by ashtonjames at 12:45 AM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it could be either a growth spurt or teething. granted he probably wont be getting any teeth for a while they start coming in long before you actually see them.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:46 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I think he might be teething....they usually get like this and drooling like crazy when teething...anbesol for kids can helping numbing his gums..or you can use teething toys...they really helped with my daughter
    JulieFrancesca

Answer by JulieFrancesca at 12:53 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Could be teething. They can teeth anywhere from 3 to 9mos old. Drooling and fussiness can be a sign of it.
    cjbj08

Answer by cjbj08 at 12:56 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Sounds like teething to me.
    All that extra drool upsets tummies - thus more spit up.
    Teeth moving in the gums hurts - thus fussiness.

Give tylenol or motrin (ask your doctor for the correct dose) to help with the pain. Teething tablets help with the fussiness. Gripe water can help with the upset tummy.
    Baby orajel is pointless - it lasts 5 to 10 minutes and then wears off, you can't reapply it for a while (I forget how often), and too much can pose a choking hazard.
    Get a variety of teething toys - hard, soft, rubbery, fabric, cold, vibrating, etc. You never know which kind will feel best with the current tooth.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:05 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Oh, yeah. You're describing teething. That can start at birth!

Answer by gdiamante at 1:07 AM on Feb. 28, 2009