Are u with dads because u have kids with them.

Most parent decide to be together just because of the kids. My question to cafemoms is you love ur kids but what would u do.

Asked by mshunt29 at 12:49 AM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• i was engaged to my sons dad before i got pregnant. turns out he was a crappy father and not a great fiance. we broke up for the safety of my son. would i ever stay with someone "for the kids"? No.

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:52 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• if the man is a good father and a good provider than you wait tell the kids grow up and get out than you leave.

Answer by gammie at 12:54 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• i could not stay with someone for my kids.

Answer by mommytwo5 at 12:55 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I dont have any kids. My husband has a son that i raise by myself. ...if that answers your question. (DH is in Iraq and BM is a deadbeat).

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:55 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• no i would not.

Answer by aliciatron at 12:59 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I used to feel this way...but I devoted my self to making it work for my daughter and I won...we were able to work things out and we're happier then ever!

Answer by JulieFrancesca at 12:59 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I hate to admit, but I stay with the father of my daughter because he is not responsible enough to take care of her without assistance. We had broken up right after she was born and he had taken her for the day and did not know why she wouldn't stop crying. I asked him when she was fed last and he couldn't remember.

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I was with my husband for 9 years before we decided to have a child. We are together because of love and stay together because of it. Our son is a result of our love. I feel sad so many do not value themselves and have children with men they don't even like. How sad for the kids.

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• It's hard to say. Everyone's lives are so different. Day to day, things are different.
    I'm with my SO/BD because I love him very much. We went through a spell of not wanting the relationship, but decided because we both grew up with divorced parents, that we weren't going to do that to our daughter/furture children. So we "stayed for the kids" and it turns out, that we realized we loved each other more than we thought we did.
    So it depends on the people really. If you "stay together for the kids" sometimes it's not such a bad thing. :)

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 3:39 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I'm not "with" the father of my daughter.. we broke up.. however after the first 2 months of it we ended up becoming friends. It's better this way, because as a couple we have too many differences.. but as friends we work well together and we work together in raising our daughter.

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:52 AM on Feb. 28, 2009