How can a stressed out mother of two boys lose weight!

I have two boys 3 and 4, I work full time. When I get the boys from the sitters. I am usually tired and hungry at this point. The boys usually start fighting right away, and I get stressed out and I usually binge alot! I feel very depressed about this and very discusted with myself! Help!

barbieluv

Asked by barbieluv at 10:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Darlin' i feel your pain...I have been fighting my weight problems for soo long and tried everything under the sun. Truly the only thing that is effective is Diet and Exercise...groan!!
    No the stress part is all about taking time for yourself. If ya put yourself first and take care of yourself...you will be able to manage those kids and the diet and exercise much better. take care.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:36 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Determination, and some motivation. I have been working out for about a month and I have lost 10 lbs. You just have to learn that each food has a specific purpose for your body, and how to get the most out of your exercises. I would love to answer any questions you have, just mail me.
    lynenedubbels

Answer by lynenedubbels at 7:02 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I sell a ten minute trainer that is AMAZING! Everyone has time for 10 minutes right? LOL, or we NEED to make time! ANyone can lose weight it is about making it a PRIORITY and getting rid of the excuses! Check out my site TeamBeachBody.com/DreamE and click "shop" to take a peak at Tony Horton' 10 minute Trainer and other videos!
    DreamnBigEliza

Answer by DreamnBigEliza at 8:11 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Can you take a walk on your lunch break at work? There are a lot of online videos that are less than 20 mins. that you could try. Check out ExerciseTV.com Also we have a weight loss group on here. Losin Weight in 08.. good place for support and workout ideas!
    lynn63042

Answer by lynn63042 at 9:43 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I have been trying to get back in shape. I try to work out 2 days a week while my youngest two are in preschool. I was trying to swim while all three were in their swimming lessons (provided a lane was open). Now that summer is here, I am having difficulty trying to fit in workouts.

I just heard about the 50 million pound challenge. I signed up last night. It is sponsored by State Farm (you can pick up a packet at a State Farm office). You sign up on line. They help you track your progress, give you diet and exercise tips. I am hoping this will help me stay focused and be committed.

You can find details and sign up at: http://www.50millionpounds.com/

I am hoping to be at my pre-pregnancy weight by the end of the year.
    ALmomof3

Answer by ALmomof3 at 9:59 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• When my twins were about 18 months I joined a gym. They had childcare and I was able to work out and have my boys watched after. I was able to loose 50 lbs.
    momwillandturn

Answer by momwillandturn at 5:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Just an idea, here...
    Bring a healthy brown bag dinner and have a picnic in the car with the boys after picking them up, or drive to a nearby park.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:46 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Check out my group here on CafeMom... Sudenly Slim Moms. There are lots of good ideas there. You can "binge" on healthy stuff like raw veges and not feel disgusted with yourself. Prep on the weekends so it's ready to pop in your mouth when you come in from work.
    SuperNonnie

Answer by SuperNonnie at 8:32 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Hi, I have lost 19 lbs. using the enzyme diet. I have also been able to keep the weight off by only drinking 1 drink a day. Your body still gets all the nutrients it needs when using the enzyme diet. But you shed the lbs. Check it out by visiting www.infinity2.com/rdan
    Red54

Answer by Red54 at 9:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I have turned wii fit into a family affair. its fun, you get excersize and even the hubby likes it.
    momoftwo964

Answer by momoftwo964 at 6:21 PM on Jul. 4, 2008