Pubetrty in girls HELP

I know my daughter is at the beginning stages of puberty. She gets very moody about the same time as me every month. I fear that PMS will start and her at school (how embarrasing). I know I have went through it but both of us at the same time is AHHHHHHHHH! My fiance is catching the he*l from both of us (poor him) but he handels better than I would be able to. Is there anything to make this easier? I mean we have had the PMS talk as well as someone touching her in an inappropriate way as I am related to and know many sex offenders (hate admitting that), but if they done it once what is stopping them with my daughter when she hits maturity? What would make this any more peaceful or is there anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Go to target or walmart with her and check out the PMS meds. there is a lot out there.
    About the sex offenders just tell her the truth. And tell her who they are.
    If you teach your daughter about respect. Respect her body, work, home and that she has the right to say NO!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 1:09 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• thanks qammie. Do they actually make PMS medicines for a 10 year old? WOW! I will definantly check. And she does know who the sex offenders are cause they are relatives one that she sees frequently and molested me as a child. The other lives in another state and I don't think has even registered. That is why he moved so he would be able to try and get away with it. That one also molested me when I was 13. The one that is closest is actually my own brother. Though I will not be alone with him to this day and his wife knows why, and I don't like what he done he has served his time, registers, and he still is my brother.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• There is a good American Girl Book called Care and Keeping of You which is written for a young girl and its about hygiene, body changes et.. They also have good books for her age about feelings etc. Buy her a diary to write in (she would love that too). Here is a link for the American Girl books for her age  http://astore.amazon.com/wwwcjkidzcom-20?%5Fencoding=UTF8&node=6  Also, there is a diary on the above link, but we also have a cute diary and feather pen set.  This is perfect for her age! http://www.cjkidz.com/Products.html     All are shown on www.cjkidz.com

momjs

Answer by momjs at 2:21 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I was going to message you privately, but I noticed you posted anonymous.....I can't help but address the comments about the numerous sex offenders in your daughter's life and this is of concern especially since she is now coming to the age when some of these particular offenders abused you or other girls....This is an extremely high risk situation for your daughter and you really do need to be extrememly vigilant about who she is around. If you are ever around these people at all, the time needs to be extremely extremely limited and there needs to be not even one second where your daughter is alone with these people. Not even one second out of your eyesight. And no physical contact whatsoever even if you are present. Have you dealt with your own abuse. If not, this would be important for you to do, especially now as you want to be able to appropriately protect your own daughter. This is extremely important.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:58 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I have a 10 yr old too. Today she has been in so much trouble. I am tired of her fits. At least when I am hormonal, I go into my room and shut the door. She mades us all suffer...LOL...Get the book "the care and keeping of you". Its an American Girl book. Its very helpful.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:37 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Very important you should not have to or should you see you brother or anyone else who hurt you.
    Brother, father, uncle, mother if they hurt a child they are criminals. They stop being family members.
    I stopped seeing a sister and her daughter because they are criminals. It is ok to cut them out. Your child's safety come first.
    I do understand I have been in your shoes, trust me.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:03 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• just be careful and dont leave her alone with those s.o. my mom and her sisters went thru a hellish childhood being molested and raped by her step dad and uncle.
    Anonymous

• Many of my childhood friends were around sex offenders in their childhoods, and most of them were touched by one of them. One of my friends was really close to her mom, and didnt tell her what happened when someone molested her. Put your child 1st before everything (which im sure your trying to) but she may not completely understand what could happen if someone were to touch her, and shes only getting older, which will make her a even better target for people to do something bad to her. If the situtation is VERY bad, you should move away, to protect your daughter. For now, be VERY protective of your daughter, she'll probably HATE it more than anything, and youll argue often, but you have more than the right to protect her, imagine what you would be thinking if you found out someone had touched her, it would break your heart and make you want to hurt that person who did it, but prevent that situation...
    Anonymous