How many of you?

How many of you actually boil the bottles every time you wash them like they recomend? And how important is it? I am extremely busy, I work fulltime plus a fulltime mom, and I haven't boiled the bottles since I first got them. IS this bad???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didnt have time to boil bottles either. I used the playtex drop ins. I put the nipples in the dishwasher and then in a sterilizer, that way i didnt have to stand and watch them and it was all done by the time i got home from work.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 1:07 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Yeah. Motherhood is hard. You still have to do it right. I rarely ever used bottles, but I always sterilized everything. There's no excuse for failing parental responsibilities.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I dont fail at any of my parental responsibilities! I am an excelent mother. I use extremely hot water when I was my bottles and let them soak. My baby is healthy and extremely healthy. I just dont have money falling out of my butt to buy a sterlizer nor the time to boil bottles every single day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• lol. didnt you know "bottle" is a bad word on this site!
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 1:14 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Yeah I guess that I am a sinner to these breastfeeding nuts. Its not my fault that my milk never came in and I was unable to breastfed. Perhaps you should learn facts about people before being rude and putting them down.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• No matter what you do, or don't do, someone will always hove some criticism about it. Best just to use your own judgement. With my firstborn, I thought I had to sterilize everything each time, but that quickly fell to the wayside when I weighed my priorities. We are in an era right now where there is so much technology and marketing to new parents to "do what's BEST" for your baby, which raises a lot of questions about what is truly going to make a difference or not. I bet it was much easier and less worrisome a decade or two ago when mothers just followed their instincts. After all, we turned out alright......
    Tylersm0m

Answer by Tylersm0m at 2:05 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• YES ITS VERY IMPORTANT TO BOIL YOUR BOTTLES AND NIPPLES CUZ THEY HAVE A POWDER SUBSTANCE ON THEM PLUS YOU KNOW WHAT KIND OF CHEMICALS THEY CAME ACROSS I KNOW MY NIECE DIDNT BOIL THE BOTTLES OR NIPPLES AT 2 MONTHS THE BABY GOT THRASH IT LASTED 2 WEEKS IT WAS DUE FROM NOT BOILING THE STUFF
    G-G

Answer by G-G at 2:12 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I sterilize my sons bottles when I first get them and then every two weeks or so. That is only IF I have time tho. Use your mommy instinct its always right. A little dirt isn't gunna hurt your child.
    DessaG20

Answer by DessaG20 at 5:10 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• The ones I bought said to only boil them the first time and then wash with hot soapy water, rinsing well.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:38 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• OMG. Not sterilizing "everything" is failing parental responsibilities?

Well, goody for you anon1:08 for being the perfect mom. How's the weather up there on your pedestal?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Feb. 28, 2009