You ever drop a group because they ignored your questions?

I was in a group for a while (almost a year). I wasnt super active but I answered a post once a week or so or put up a picture in the picture posts. Seems like anytime I posted a question though nobody answered it. The last question I posted there were somewhere like 25 views & not one answer..not even just "Sorry I cant help you" (which I have seen on other posts from time to time) Other posts after mine got answers. So after 2 days I deleted it & left the group. (I know some groups aren't as active but this group is pretty active so lack of people reading/posting isnt an issue) Has anyone ever felt they were being ignored in an active group?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I left one group because no matter what new people were ignored, it was supposed to be a support group but if you werent known they would ignore you so yup i left foumd a different group for the same thing and i have been so happy in there.

Sometimes you can get a group that is just set in its ways and you need to find one that is more your style.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:13 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• No, groups are just a funny thing. Some people use groups only if they are seeking information, it's not really like the answer section. I just ask all my questions here. It's generally where everyone looks anyway. Don't feel bad about it. I am a group owner and sometimes my group goes weeks without a post.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Sometimes the more active groups are the ones where it's HARDER to get attention. I moderate the Breastfeeding Moms group , and it's hard to keep up with such a hopping board.

Don't be afraid to message the group admins; none of us want a question to go unanswered.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:09 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• No, it happens. I would not take it personally. In an active group, something may get accidentally overlooked. It is hard. If you want something answered, type BUMP at the bottom and get it to the top. Usually that helps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I joined groups and have no clue how to even get into them to talk to anyone. Im so lost on here.haha
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 1:19 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I only drop groups that lack activity over 3 months period of time when they should be very active groups for the amount of members and the topic they represent. I guess if the owner allows a group to grow stale then it does and then I lose interest and drop them like a dead weight.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:10 AM on Feb. 28, 2009