horribile teething pain PLEASE Help?

My daughter has sever teeting pain, can someone please offer advise on this. We have tried tylenol, hylands teething tab, whiskey on gums, I just don't know what else is left to do. I hope someon can give us some advise on this PLEASE, she crys
constantly and does not sleep and is so worn out. PLease

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wish I could hun, but I have no idea. My son is only 3 months, and is starting to show signs of teething. At least thats what everyone thinks it is. The doc had no explanition for it. Good luck.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 1:27 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• try anbesol for kids...none of the things you mentioned worked for my daughter either...i'm sure the anbesol will...you can try it on your gum to test it and you'll see how good it works...if she's still fussy there might be something else wrong..
    JulieFrancesca

Answer by JulieFrancesca at 1:31 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• we used orajel when nothing else worked, i too used hylands, whiskey etc. i also made sure we had pacifiers or other items that were int he freezer that i could pull out and let them suck or chew on, the cold helps numb the gums, is your baby old enough for a biter biscuit? most babies have an eaiser time of it if they can naw on something it helps cut the tooth.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:26 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Try frozen washcloth, or buy those mesh feeders and put frozen fruits in it. Not a whole lot helped my son, and he just cut his first tooth the other day. He was teething ever since he was about four months old. If your baby is six months, you can try motrin (I'd ask the pediatric first though). The past week, I had to alternate tylenol and motrin for my son's teething pain. Rest assured that once the tooth cuts through, things will calm down a bit. I also use orajel. He hates it though.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 6:33 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I used gripe water and it worked for us. My Lo was the same way and we tried all those as well. Good Luck!
    melk819

Answer by melk819 at 10:07 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• freeze a wash cloth with the corner wetted.. and give to her, cause they love to chew on them.. i keep an ample supply going when our son is teething.. right now, he's working on 3 new teeth, but not having any issues.. i dont believe in the teething tablets.. because of the plants they use.. sure its fine for other parents to make their own choice.. but for me.. NOPE... belladonna is the most toxic plant in North America. Maybe take a bit of tylenol and rub it on her gums.. My Ped told us not to use orajel, because they swallow it, and it can cause issues with the throat.. like numbing and then that is a whole other issue to deal with... but the frozen wash cloths.. or waffles, something to chew on.. or get a baby tooth brush that fits over your finger and let her chew on it..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:33 AM on Feb. 28, 2009