what can I do for stress, an will stress hurt my baby?

I feel as I get no emotional or mental support from the baby's father. I'm 2 months an every other day I catch myself crying over the stress. Will all this stress hurt my baby??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes stress is bad!! Go take a nice bub bath light some candles and RELAX mama!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Take it from someone who had an EXTREMELY stressful pregnancy in every since of the word, it's not healthy. It messes with your blood pressue which messes with the baby. From work, to home, to friends, to family everything seemed to be in shambled my entire pregnancy. However I think I have one of the most chill and happy babies that you will EVER meet. You've got to find something that helps you zero out and chill, painting or baths, etc.. find something that helps you so that you can help baby. Maybe go see a counselor, that helped a lot in the last two months of my pregnancy, I wish I had gone a lot earlier.
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 1:16 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I had an extremely stressful pregnancy. I was crying a couple times a day. Especially in the begining because I hated my job that bad. And then I got a new job and it got better. But my SO was drinking a lot and we got into some severe arguments, where I was crying histerically. He has now quit drinking and we are great. But yes it is bad. Do what ever you can to try and relax. Get fresh air. Go for a walk. Do some pregnancy exercise, or take a warm bath. My son is an extrememly good baby, very happy, but its not good for your body and can cause a miscarrige. So try to relax.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Try things that help you relax. Download relaxing music and play it when you're getting upset. Buy lavendar body spray and spray it on yourself, your sheets and pillow heres a good one and it ships free with code fsany http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?pf_id=29995&from=search&find_spec=&camp=200905&dir_delivery=1&rep_delivery=1 . Try one of the stress relief aroma therapy roll ons from bath and body works. Lite some candles, lavendar scented are the best. Try one of those cooling masks on your face. Do whatever you have to do to help with the stress. It can cause tension, elevated heart rate etc and Its not good for you or your baby. It can cause you to go into premature labor and theres no reason you should be unhappy either. Try to do what you can to keep your spirits up hun. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I hear that stress is bad for baby, I was extemely worried for my first prgnancy, stress was all i had coming at me. But everything was fine with him.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 9:47 AM on Mar. 5, 2009