Does anyone know if cough drops or throat sprays are safe during pregnancy?

Does anyone know if cough drops or throat sprays are safe during pregnancy. I had one pharmasist tell me they were ok so I bought a bag (halls naturals). Then when i went to get another bag I had a different pharmasist tell me they were unsafe. I'm still waiting for a reply from my doctors office. I've been trying honey and tea with honey and it's not working. I'm so tired of coughing and having this scratchy feeling in my throat and the darn antibiotics they gave me are doing nothing. HELP!

IzzysMommy2005

Asked by IzzysMommy2005 at 1:57 AM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'd wait to hear from my doc just to be safe, but mine always told me they were okay. I've heard Vicks applied to the bottom of your feet and then covered with socks will help a cough. I've not tried it, but if you are miserable, it might be worth a shot!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 2:00 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• yes they are the colorseptic (SP??) spray is ok and my dr office just told me like 3 days ago lol ive been sick but they told me that the halls cough drops are ok and the pharmisist(SP??) told me that the halls fruit breezers are ok as well
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:45 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• oh and if any doubts you can always go to the drug store and just ask the phamisists (SP??) what is safe in pregnancy they know as well sometimes more so then drs lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:46 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• They are both ok.
    Littlejem

Answer by Littlejem at 9:10 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I work for a pharmacy and was told that both Chloroseptic and Halls cough drops are ok!!
    BBlanchette

Answer by BBlanchette at 10:20 AM on Feb. 28, 2009