Fireproof/The Love Dare...alternatives???

I thought the "Love Dare" would be something fun for my significant other and I to do-BUT-neither of us are religious and this is just...over the top religious as far as we are concerned (totally not bashing those that are, or those that are using this book). So, my question is: Does anyone know of any other "Love Dare" type things that aren't religious or not as religious as this one?? Anything along these lines that you know of?? How about good websites or anything else?? I'm not looking to heal every flaw we have, just something kinda fun to do that will potentially help us in the end. Ideas anyone?? Thanks in advance!

madelyns_momma

Asked by madelyns_momma at 2:02 AM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• We loved The Five Love Languages...I don't think its over the top religious. But I'm Christian and may not have noticed it as much. It helped us tune into how to make the biggest impact when we want to express love to each other. And its a pretty quick read too.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:10 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• well you can do the steps.. however you just have to over look the religion.. suit it to meet your spiritual needs rather than just a Christians needs.. the ideas in each are still good ideas.. just need a little tweeking.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:54 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I understand what you are saying but i will say i am doing the love dare yes it is religious but it does one help the marriage but also helps your relationship with God. I know what you are saying but some things in it are really good for you to better yourself not just the marriage. im not trying to go on a rant or anything but it does help the marriage i am seeing this in my own marriage to be one with God also! Take it from me i was a Wiccan!!!! LOL i switched and yeah much better! good luck though!
    mama_of_2_boys

Answer by mama_of_2_boys at 7:41 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Good question!! I was wondering the same thing.
    lisafdoula

Answer by lisafdoula at 9:20 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• As someone else said ..... The 5 Languages of Love great book! I dont remember it having straight forwards "dares" but i think this is a book for EVERY couple to read & keep on their bookshelfs! Its not a religious book at all, but is written by a christian (i think he is a preacher)

MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:01 AM on Feb. 28, 2009