I need some help from people who used or are using ovulation prodictors

How do they work?
Where can I buy them?
And how affective are they?
Also how much do they cost?
Any other advice is VERY much appticiated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Ok! I tried them, it was pretty expensive, it was like $25 for 7 I think. I didn't get pregnant. You can buy them at any grocery store, walmart, etc. You're supposed to pee on it at the same time every day, and beyond that it has directions, I don't really remember, it's been a few months since I tried them. I might try them again because it's been 7 months and I'm sick of TTC. Good luck!
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:38 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• i started using answers and its 20 in a box for 17.99 at walmart it similiar to a preg test you get two dark lines you o n i also bought the one with the smiley face it was like 29.00 i think with 7 test
    NAVAEH2

Answer by NAVAEH2 at 2:31 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• They work by measuring the LH in your urine, which is released a day or two before you ovulate, so it lets you know when you're going to ovulate. You pee on the stick, preferably at the same time every day, and I believe late morning/early afternoon is best, and when the test line is as dark as or darker than the control line, you have a positive and you should ovulate within a day or two. They can be kind-of hard to interpret sometimes, unless you get the digital ones that give you a smiley face for a positive (close to $30 for 7-10 days' worth of tests, as opposed to about $10 for 7-10 days of the lines, or about $20 for 20 days, usually cheapest at Wal-Mart). They just tell you your most fertile time, at which point there's still only a 25-33% chance of getting pregnant, so they're not fool-proof, but if used correctly they can help maximize your chances.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:45 PM on Mar. 1, 2009