Am I going to turn back to my "normal" self after pregnancy?

my SO says that ever since Ive become pregnant Ive changed, he wont tell me how Ive changed though and from the sounds of it seems for the worse

Breezy1988

Asked by Breezy1988 at 2:32 AM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Were you normal to begin with? ....kidding.... normal is just a setting on a washing machine. Nothing more. I assume he's referring to hormonal changes we all go through. Yes, the hormones will go away.
    Tylersm0m

Answer by Tylersm0m at 3:03 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• i hate to say it, we do change in a way, i dont think its for the worse though. but now your life will be about that little baby, and not about yourself anymore. plus lack of sleep when the baby is born may keep you a lil crazy lol.
    but your still yourself, that never changes, its priorities that change
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:36 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Well he should tell you how you've changed so that you can try to fix it if need be. I would assume the change is hormone related but without knowing, can't say for sure.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:37 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• No, you will never ever be your old self after having kids. Not physically, mentally, nor emotionally.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• What a vague, useless thing for him to say.

You're becoming a MOMMA - developing superpowers - growing a freakin' person inside of you - I would hope you change. You are changing from a regular adult into a parent - that's what introducing a child into your life does.

Geesh.

I would tell him to STFU.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:56 AM on Feb. 28, 2009