• In the Spotlight:

How do you celebrate St. Patty's Day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Holidays

• We dress in green, have a traditional Irish dinner with all the fixins, and listen to music from Ireland. We also invite family over to join in. I am part Irish, but mostly it is just to celebrate for fun, and to teach the Kids about other nations and practices. I love going out for all holidays!...decorations and all! :)
    Lovinmybabas

Answer by Lovinmybabas at 7:47 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• We just drink beer and wear green.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:00 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• we have a festival type thing its more then drinking a green alot more history i was raised with the history not with what people have made it today
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:26 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Put green ribbons in the girls hair (uniforms here) and try and put something on me or they WILL try and pinch me! LOL

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:57 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I don't. I'm Scottish.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:06 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I'm not Irish, but I'll drink a shitload of beer!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 4:47 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Actually the celebration of Saint Patrick's Day started here in America. It wasn't adopted by Ireland until later, I plan on celebrating it the same way we did when I was a little girl and that includes staying out of the way of the 'seasonal Irish'
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 6:05 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• being polish, italian, scottish and irish.. it's a bit fun around here...lol... polish/irish people wear orange with green...lol... but we will wear green... I will back shamrock cookies and have a few glasses of green beer...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:10 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I meant bake shamrock cookies..
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:11 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I love to decorate for any holiday, so we definitely have a lot of shamrocks and green stuff strewn about. I cook a boiled dinner and we eat a shamrock shaped cake. My husband has a shirt that he wears that says I (shamrock) Dana and I have one that says Michael is my Lucky Charm. We don't have one for my son yet, it's his first St. Patrick's Day.
    We don't drink, so definitely no green beer for us.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 12:29 AM on Mar. 1, 2009