Do regular ramen noodles taste different when made in the microwave?

My hubby made ramen noodles for me, and instead of boiling them, he made them in the microwave. I don't think they taste as good. Am I crazy or is there a difference?

toriandgrace

Asked by toriandgrace at 2:50 AM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Youre not crazy. MY DH doesnt taste a difference either. But the noodles are more tender and the flavor is better on the stove. I knew I couldnt be the only one!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:21 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• The noodles are like crunchy or undercooked. I don't know what it is, but microwaved ramen is not the same. And the flavor packet doesn't mix in as well. I made that mistake once and will never do it again.!
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:26 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• my hubby says that he can taste a difference but I cant
    crazy_mum

Answer by crazy_mum at 6:38 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• To get them right you have to know your microwave. As long as it takes to figure out how to make them turn out like stove top you would already have them done on the stove. Its so funny you asked this. I just now waisted two packs of noodles 10 minutes ago. One was too soggy the other wasn't done enough. But when done right I can't tell. Oh well I guess I'll wait till my DH gets home to have a good bowl of noodies as my little sister say.
    mama28th

Answer by mama28th at 2:00 PM on Feb. 28, 2009