anyone out there blow and paint eggs?

I discovered this project and have become obsessed with it, it is cheap easy and fun. Or am I just weird? I've sold 5 and have had 10 others to make one for them. They came in handy this Christmas when money was tight.

prdusmcmom

Asked by prdusmcmom at 2:59 AM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• blow an egg??? explain please
    1ontheway

Answer by 1ontheway at 3:01 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• HUGH?
    sunshyne251

Answer by sunshyne251 at 3:28 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Like cascarones? We do that here. Just put a small hole at both ends of an egg and gently blow the yolk/whites out. Let the shell dry and decorate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• ok now we're giving bj's to eggs!!??
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 4:28 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I remember doing that with my grandmother as a kid. We did it for a couple years at Easter to decorate her "Easter tree". She had a driftwood branch she put in a pot filled with pebbles. Then we decorated the blown eggs and hanged them on the tree. She used to put it up every year.

It figures someone would have their mind in the gutter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:21 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Are you refering to pysanki? The Eastern European egg decorating? The process involves beeswax and dipping the eggs in individual dye colors. Colors that you want on the egg are covered in beeswax before the next dipping. The last process is heating the egg over a candle to remove the wax. Then if you want to 'blow' the egg, it's done after the color, & before the coating of polyerythane....or shellack(old school) I've done that....it's very cool
    AuntyL

Answer by AuntyL at 8:08 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• No, but that sounds fun I may have to try that one. I do kinda feel like I'm giving bj's to very erectily difunctional guys sometime. lol The lady that said poke holes in it and GENTLY (sounds harder than it actually is) is correct. I use puff paints and sharpies to do the designs. I have so much fun taking a full size picture and seeing how much of it I can get on the egg. I string fishing line through the egg (again is MUCH harder than it sounds) add beads to the top with a loop and crimps and beads to the bottom with another crimp. I made christmas ornaments with them, christmas gifts, and a bithday gift. BIG hit!!!!
    prdusmcmom

Answer by prdusmcmom at 3:02 AM on Mar. 1, 2009