could i be pregnant already? or just paranoid?

I just had my littlest 2 months ago, I'm breastfeeding her and I have heard that can throw things off but I needed to ask. I only bleed for 4 weeks after having her and we resumed having sex... But now, I haven't gotten my period, and I'm worried! Could I be pregnant?!? Should I take a test?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You could be pregnant. Go ahead and take a test. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 8:45 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Yes you could be pregnant, I'd take a test and if you're still worried then get checked out with your doctor. Good Luck with this. :)
    HNK11

Answer by HNK11 at 8:51 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• It is possible to be pregnant, but take into consideration that breastfeeding will sometimes cause you not to get a period. But you could take a test to ease your mind.
    Duckieglc

Answer by Duckieglc at 9:03 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• A lot of women bf'ing will not get AF... with my first I did not get AF back until he was seven or eight months old, and with my next one not until ten months pp. That being said, it is possible to get pg while nursing so if you don't want to get pg, use a barrier method or something that is safe while bf'ing. Test and if it's negative, think of what you want to use for bc in the future. HTH!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:38 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I breastfed for 24 months and didn't my period until my daughter was 18 mos old. However, definitely take a test instead of worrying. You have enough going on to have something like that on your mind. :)
    aim1105

Answer by aim1105 at 10:40 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Just b/c u bf doesn't mean u can't get pregnant. Even if u don't have a period u are still ovulating. I am bfing and I started my period 4 month ago. Its an old wives tale. So yes u could be.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:53 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• when you BF sometimes you wont get a period, but i would just take a test and find out just to be sure!
    axbeautifulxlie

Answer by axbeautifulxlie at 12:54 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I am breastfeeding and didn't get my period until dd was almost a year old!! You're probably freaking yourself out over nothing but take a test if you really think you might be : )
    DayDaysmom19

Answer by DayDaysmom19 at 1:29 PM on Feb. 28, 2009