Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a question about very old 3rd degree burns

I have 3rd degree burns on most of my body since 1996. I had multiple operations, but the doctors did what they could because I am on Medicaid. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have tried everything that I could think of.


Asked by sonyascafe at 8:52 AM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Health

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • Hey Mama, I had 3rd degree burns on my leg from an accident that happened when I was 10 years old. I am now 33 and the scar is still there, but very faded. I would recommend getting Vitamin E tablets and squeezing the vitamin on the scar area. It is messy, but will help. In addition pure aloe vera lotion can help too. I offer these products, if interested feel free to pm me.

    Answer by Jennielee_1975 at 9:03 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

  • I don't, I am sorry Have you tried rubbing vitamin E on them? Push a pin into a vitamin E capsule and squeeze out the oil. But I have no idea if this would help old burn scars. My best suggestion would be to see a dermitologist. Good luck!

    Answer by Bmat at 8:55 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

  • i know its not the same thing but i have the zipper scar on my chest from open heart surgery when i was 17...after 5 yrs of covering i had a tatoo put over it ...sometimes i even forget about the scar...i know u said over most of ure body..but if its something u r interisted u can use tatoos to cover some or to take away ....draw attention away from the scars....various flowers maybe?

    Answer by ccmj at 9:54 AM on Feb. 28, 2009