Any info on Bloomington IL

Hi All! My husband and I may be moving to Bloomington, IL. He works as a Finance Manager in the automotive industry and we are looking to move somewhere the car market, economy, etc, are better than they are here in Michigan. Bloomington, IL is on our short list. Anyone out there live in or around Bloomington? What can you tell me about the area? The schools? The economy? Any info would be great. Thanks!!

mommabugga

Asked by mommabugga at 9:02 AM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Home & Garden

• bloomington is awesome. i live about 40 min. from there. the schools im not sure but we go there often for like shopping, hockey games, or just to hang out for the day. job wise you should have no problem finding one there. to me it seems like Illinois is being hit hard with lay offs im at cat here in delavan.... i guess the lay offs are every where. any ways i would recommend bloomington its a large place with alot of jobs and things to do.

shannonmarie759

Answer by shannonmarie759 at 9:08 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I think Bloomington is a very good place to live. I have relatives near Chicago and Peoria and I have heard them talk good about Bloomington. You could always google the Chamber of Commerce for Bloomington. They would probably have some statistics.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 11:06 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• It's a college town, right? Southern Illinois University, I believe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• yep it is
    shannonmarie759

Answer by shannonmarie759 at 8:22 AM on Mar. 1, 2009