Sticky car seat handle?

We're getting ready for baby number 2 and our infant carrier has been in the garage for the past year and a half or so. We live in FL and I think it just got too hot in the garage and the grippy part of the car seat handle is all sticky. We've cleaned and cleaned it but it still comes up sticky even after it's "dried".

Any advice on making it not sticky? So far we've thought about getting some grip tape and wrapping it up. Any other ideas? Thanks!

Xynyth

Asked by Xynyth at 9:14 AM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try the magic eraser, and grip tape should work, too...however...read the manual. I *think* I remember ours saying something about not being exposed to extreme temperatures? (hot weather, hotter garage,humidity....just my thoughts...)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:22 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Have you tried the Magic Eraser?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Yep, and clorox wipes, and sos pads. It's weird. I wonder if there was some protective coating on the rubber that kept it from getting sticky that melted off in the heat...

Thanks though :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 9:21 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• How about just alcohol?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I had the same with our car seat. I scrubbed it and got most of it off. We would just put a blanket under it and it eventually got better.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:23 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• or goo gone.
    cschwanger

Answer by cschwanger at 9:23 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Goo gone, why didn't I think of that, it's gooey lol. Thanks, and I'll try just alcohol too :) Thanks ladies!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 9:25 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I'll have to see if I can dig up the manual too, though it's probably long gone. Thanks :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 9:27 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• You can print a manual from the manufactures website. It might be a good idea to call them too. Is it possible the seat is out of date?
    carseatmom

Answer by carseatmom at 9:58 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Thanks, I'll look it up. No I checked and it doesn't expire for a couple more years yet :) That was my first thought lol.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 12:39 PM on Feb. 28, 2009