are these labor signs?

OKay keep in mind, my medical file actually has me noted for high pain tolerance. It worries my doc cause hes afraid I may be contracting and not know it.

okay so i am 37 weeks along, and somedays this happens 10 times in a few minutes, somedays one time and other days doesnt happen at all. But I have this super deep inner thigh pain, like, where the bottom of your stomach meets with the upper part of your thigh, that crease there, its a super pain, makes it very hard to walk at all. And then yesterday I had this lower back pain, very low, I havnt had any back pain other than my side until this. It was so painful it was hard to breathe, i stood up and it went away, a few minutes later it acted like it was getting ready to hurt again but ended up going away, hasnt happened since, is this back labor even though only happened once? and my left arm from elbow to finger tips ache really bad, and tips go numb. why?

c2customs

Asked by c2customs at 9:32 AM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had that pain a couple weeks ago and i went in to the hospital cause im like you and apparently i was contracting very close together i just didnt feel it at all lol i only felt a hard pain once well they had to stop it on me because i was only 30 weeks so it sounds like it could be to me if i were you just to be on the safe side i would go get checked better a false alarm then a home birth right ? lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:09 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• My fiances mother had back labor with one of her kids, she didn't know she was in labor until her water broke and was like ok, now it's labor time to go. So yes it could be contractions. As for the arm pain, are you tensing up from nerves or fear or anything? It could be something more serious though, sometimes heart symptoms present in that manner. Not to scare you. Also, there's another thought in mind and it escapes me totally but perhaps something like preeclampsia? I would say go to your doctor. If they feel you are in labor or aren't, they can hook you up to monitors and do the non-stress test to see what's going on. Good Luck! Here's a link to preeclampsia: http://www.preeclampsia.org/symptoms.asp
    babygoose78

Answer by babygoose78 at 10:17 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I have very high pain tolerance too. I knew when I was in labor though, even if the contractions didn't hurt I just timed them and I knew when they were on top of each other it was real.
    I would go be checked out anyway just to be sure.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 12:55 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• you can feel your stomach, I never felt one contraction (even the ones off the charts) unless I was feeling my stomach. It will contract and tighten ALL over. Braxton Hicks will tighten in one area like not ALL over. Also it could be baby moving and hitting the siatic nerve. If you think it's labor signs then you should go to the doctor not come here!
    Anonymous

• The arm pain is what my Dr. calls pregnancy carpal tunnel I have the same thing my hands kill and my fingers on my right hand have been numb for 3 months. It will go away after the baby is born.
    BrittanyJM

Answer by BrittanyJM at 9:58 PM on Jan. 26, 2010