Does anyone own either of these cars and do you like them?

We have to buy a new car for my dh and he is between buying a Nissan Frontier, Toyota Tacoma or Jeep Wrangler 4 door. They are all 2008 leftovers and they are reasonably priced. Do any of you ladies own any of these and do you like or dislike them? I would appreciate any input. I personally like the Toyota myself but my dh seems to like them all...

my4kids274

Asked by my4kids274 at 9:39 AM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have a jeep cherokee and could not be happier...if that helps.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 9:45 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I'm A Loyal Mopar Only Car Lover! So that means I Love Chryslers, Dodges Plymouth's when made & Jeeps!! But its a personal choice! Talk about what you can Afford! What matters most! Price? Gas mileage? What you need! Warranties/Coverage! How much to insure!~! I once Read I think Jeeps are in A List of most Likely to be Stolen!! Why Not I'd Love to have one!! Good Luck!! If I had A Choice however.. I go for the Big 3: in my Head it goes: Chrylsler which makes Jeep, Then GM last Ford & I don't love the imports! But that's me!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:57 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Toyota is a great truck! and will last forever!! but you have to think about how much gas will it use, safety etc. and what your husband likes! good luck!

woobie102

Answer by woobie102 at 10:11 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• My DH has a 2 door Wrangler and LOVED it. If it wasn't for the fact that we have a baby, he would have gotten the 4 door last year when his lease was up on his previous vehicle. He has been an avid Jeep owner. He had a Cherokee, then the 2 door Wrangler, then a Commander, and is currently on his second Commander.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 11:09 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I don't have either one, but do have a couple ideas for some input as you do your shopping:

Be sure to check on insurance rates, and also check with your MVD about the cost of the registration renewal on each one. In AZ the registration costs are nearly equal to a month's vehicle loan payment so it is a BIG factor. Also, check out the Consumer Safety Report on both, to see which one will be safer to tote around your little ones. These are the kind of things that we CM "experts" can't help you with and are really important in this decision. Good luck!! :-)
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 2:09 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Oops, one more ~~ Consumer Reports can also give you feedback on the resale value of each for when you want to sell/trade it later, and that's something to consider as well.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 2:11 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• jburg is right. Check with your insurance provider on the rates for the cars before you buy. They will gladly do a quote over the phone on all of them. Check all those hidden cost.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:42 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I'd go with the toyota they hold value longer . I have a v-8 and it rides very well and its pretty good on gas.
    sgrbear

Answer by sgrbear at 3:17 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• TO all the ladies that answered ...thank you! We have actually checked with the insurance company and it is a matter of about 200 hundrend dollars extra for 6 months so we can handle that...also registering the car in our home state is reasonable and is a valid consideration. Thanks again!!!
    my4kids274

Answer by my4kids274 at 3:20 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• i just got a 08 nissan rogue...and it is freaking awesome. it has great gas mileage, 6 airbags, fold down seats and tons of cargo in the back, and great crash-test ratings. good luck on your car search!
    MILFpunk

Answer by MILFpunk at 4:52 PM on Feb. 28, 2009