OUCH EMERGENCY PLEASE HELP

I was up all night with my baby. I FINALLY went to sleep around 7..
I took a nap on his stiff basketball size teddy bear.
I woke up now and I cant move my neck.
Every part of it is still and my head is tilted to the right.
I just popped in some motrin 400mg
BUT i really need help. Please tell me what to do :(
I CANT MOVE

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Health

• alternate ice and heat and call a chiropractor.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 10:04 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• if you can't move it might be good to see a doctor...I wouldnt mess with my neck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• You probably just have a stiff neck from the position you were laying in. It should loosen up as the day goes on. If it really starts to bother you or doesn't get better, I would call the doc and ask what he recomends. Good luck. I know that's painful.
    nowhinning

Answer by nowhinning at 10:06 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Yeah im positive thats why my neck is stiff..
    because of that stupid bear!
    But please tell me how to relieve the pain
    its killllling.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• If you can't move it at all, see the doc. If you can but it hurts, you could try to stretch is out, work through the pain. Stretch slowly and through all ranges of motion of your neck (forward, back, side to side, look over your shoulders, roll your head, etc.) Depending on your situation, if you have ulcers or any bleeding conditions or liver/kidney issues, you could take up to 800 mg of ibuprofen at a time. Other than that, if you think it's muscular, which it probably is, put a heating pad on it. If you have a heating pad with a cover, put a moist towel between the heating pad and cover and up to your neck, moist heat helps to penetrate better. Good luck :)
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 10:20 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• If it is a stiff neck, which is what it sounds like, the painkillers are a good idea, I like a heating pad. I am reading that movement is recommended, so if you can, do small stretches sideways, forward, rotate your head to look over your shoulders. all very very slowly. If you truly can't move, then get medical care now. You should feel better by tomorrow, and if you don't you may want to go to an urgent care center to get diagnosed and some stronger med.

Answer by Bmat at 11:41 AM on Feb. 28, 2009