• In the Spotlight:

Prenatal vitamin?

My husband and i have talked about having another baby soon and i was wondering about Prenatal vitamin should i start taking them before i get pregnant? and what is a good one to take? the one i took with my first was red in a yellow box i dont know what it was called! so can any of you mommies tell me if i should take them now or wait for me to get pregnant? and what is a good one to take?....and will it make that big of a difference? i didnt take them until after i found out i was prego with my first and she is very smart and healthy...thanks for your help

woobie102

Asked by woobie102 at 10:14 AM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You can take them before you get pregnant, my doctor reccomended taking them if you are trying to conceive. The ones that they sale at wal-mart work just as well as the ones that doctors prescribe, they have the exact same things in them. Good Luck!
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 10:18 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• i took oneadays womens prenatal vitamins they worked good for me i got them at walmart
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:18 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I compared prenatal vitamins before I got pregnant with my last child. They are all exactly the same if you check the labels. Pick the one that isn't a big horse pill to swallow. You can also take them even if you're not TTC, they're just good multivitamins.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:29 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Yeah, it's not gonna hurt anything. I was also told that a woman is suppose to take folic acid throughout all her child-bearing years.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:54 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Prenatal vitamins are pretty much the same, like Pnukey said. My ob/gyn told me that HE took prenatal vitamins himself every day for forty years, as they are the best ones out there and don't have any funky hormones related to pregnancy or anything, so they're ok for anyone to take anytime. My hair and nails were never in better shape than when I was taking them!
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 2:05 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Yea and the walmart brand is just as good as the name brand. Hey you will have great hair and nails to boot!!
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:39 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Yes for sure. I take them now and I am not pregnant nor plan on becoming pregnant. I take them for the iron in them. I can tell a bid difference in my energy levels since I started.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:56 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I just went to the gyn the other day. My husband and I are ttc as well. They told me to start taking a vitamin with folic acid in it. Any one will do, but the folic acid is very good for the baby and they said start taking it now. You can go to wal-mart, just get one ith folic acid. Hope this helps!
    MomOf2Js2

Answer by MomOf2Js2 at 3:33 PM on Mar. 1, 2009