I'm 5 weeks pregnant and afraid something has gone wrong...

My breasts had been feeling tender and full and I woke up this morning to them not feeling as full and not tender. What could've happened? I'm not cramping or bleeding. Just couldn't wait till monday to call my dr, thank you for any response :o)

Carol491

Asked by Carol491 at 10:30 AM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You are probably fine. Pregnancy symptoms come and go as your body increases and gets more accustomed to the extra hormones. Relax and have a nice weekend.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:32 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• you are most liekly fine i agree ... and it is true that symptoms come and go i know some days i feel great and others i am praying to the porcekain god hural lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:37 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I googled about this, and it seems that nobody knows for sure. It may well be that all is well. You could call your doctor if you are very anxious. Try to relax, and when the doctor's office opens on Monday, call them then for sure, just so you don't worry. Would you please post a followup here so that we know how you are doing?

Answer by Bmat at 10:44 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I have two kids. This happened with one, but not the other. Every pregnancy is different, with differing symptoms even in the same mom. It's OK = if you still are nervous about it, call the nurse on call or the after hours care line, I'm sure they will reassure you ((hugs)) and congratulations !!!!!
    archaeodani

Answer by archaeodani at 10:51 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I wouldn't be concerned about it at this point. I do want to warn you about getting an ultra sound before 8-10weeks; they are NOT accurate and could worry you more than you are for NO reason.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 11:56 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Your breasts don't have to be sensitive the whole pregnancy, or at all. With my first my breasts weren't sensitive at all. With my dd, my nipples hurt SO bad in the very beginning, but it went away. And with my 3rd baby, again, no breast soreness at all.

If you aren't having cramping or bleeding, I wouldn't be concerned, sore breasts don't always last the whole pregnancy. Be GLAD they feel better.

Also, I never had the full feelings in my breasts with any of my kids until the last trimester.
    cadsmommy

Answer by cadsmommy at 12:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I am sure everything is fine!

I had an u/s done when I found out I was pregnant with my 3rd. My Dr only seen a sac and nothing else. He told me if my boobs still felt tender then I was fine. Well, that day my boobs were no longer tender and I didn't feel pregnant at all. The following week there was a little dot and a heartbeat. She's now 2 years old!
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 1:02 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Thank you all for your responses, they were comforting to me. I had an ultrasound yesterday, and there is a sac in there! The Dr said everything looks fine. I was so relieved!
    Carol491

Answer by Carol491 at 12:00 PM on Mar. 4, 2009