start babling

Hello..my baby was born preemie, he is 6 months 3 weeks (adjustment age 5 months 2 weeks) he coo something but he did not start babling yet...what age does he suppos to start babling? Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My children all did it at different ages. My 6 week preemie was 8 months before she did. My 4 week preemie was doing it at a few months old. My now 14 month old is talking...she is by far my earliest talker.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:15 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Your baby will start soon I am sure, but soon could be tomorrow or a few months from now. Babies all develop at different rates. I have a friend whose baby was born 6 days after mine, and they are total opposites on which milestones they have hit. Personally, mine is 7 and a half months and babbling up a storm with a few distinct words. She started around 6 months doing all of this stuff as best I remember.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 11:27 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• My little one didn't really start babbling until she was 9-10 months. I was watching home movies the other day of her around 9 1/2 months, and she really didn't say a whole lot. Now, she's 16 months, and I can't keep her quiet lol
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 12:00 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• My daughter will be six monthes in a week, and she's started full force babbling, trying to talk, all of it... every baby's different and I don't think that there's a set age when it should happen by... sometime within the next few monthes.... As long as he is reacting to other people talking to him so you know his hearing is okay and stuff you should be fine.
    aprilmayjune84

Answer by aprilmayjune84 at 6:37 PM on Feb. 28, 2009