No naps

Hello,my baby girl is 6 months (almost 7 months) and she does not sleep during the day, either when she is in the car where every baby fall sleep with the movement...what can i do? thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Quite normal...afraid they are going to miss something. Try going for the full belly, and some soothing music as you lay baby down.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:11 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• when my son is at my moms house he has trouble sometimes getting that magical moment.. so she turns on the radio, and lights out.. at our house, he's fine.. he takes two naps.. i started to sleep train him when he was a real small fry... there are some great books out there.. Dr. Richard Ferber is the head of the Boston Childrens Hospital and he covers sleeping. In the book baby411 they talk about all sorts of sleep methods and Dr. Ferber's is A+... i have some of the tips listed in my journal if you care to take a peak.. there is usually something there for everyone.. a lot of it, is Dr Ferber's method, with my own dash..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:22 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• The No Cry Sleep Solution is a great method. I am ashamed to admit I tried to let DD CIO using the Ferber method and it back fired on me horribly. I ended up with a clingy baby all day who wouldn''t sleep more than a half hour at a time. After 6 days of trying the Ferber method I gave it up--it took about 3 months to get her to sleep longer periods. Some moms swear by it, but I believe that it is not a method to be tried younger than 2 years (my personal opinion). The No Cry Sleep Solution is written by Elizabeth Pantley.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 12:02 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I'd try either the No Cry Sleep Solution or Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child.

The No Cry book didn't work for me - it actually made things far worse - but most moms have good luck with it. My daughter was just an odd ball when it came to sleeping.

In the end, the Healthy Sleep Habits book was great. It was a very slow process for us to see any improvement but the book actually warned that it might since she had been a colicy baby (that affects how quickly sleep patterns develop in a child) and wouldn't sleep with any motion. We ended up having her sleep to white noise until she was over a year. We got a special CD for baby's called "For Crying Out Loud". It's filled with 9 minute long "songs" of things like a washing machine running and a car engine with rain and windshield wiper noises. A simple clock radio set on single track repeat and we were in business. A portable fan can work too.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:37 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• We used the CIO method with ours. But it was only a week and it was when we took her paci away. I checked on her every 10-15 mins for the first few nights and things slowly got better. We now whine for about 10-15 mins every time we lay down for a nap or for bed. It will get better. You will proably have to set a nap schedule for your LO and follow a routine for it every time until it is really established. We do baby led napping and I stop her last nap about 1 our before she goes to bed for the night. I wish you all the luck. By the way some babies just don't nap.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:50 PM on Feb. 28, 2009