how to go by gettin my kids back from dss

i lost my kids in 2003 and this is 2009 i have been fightin for custody since i need a house to get them can you tell me how to solve this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Do every thing they tell you to do. That is the only way to get them back.

Answer by louise2 at 11:29 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I don't know the reason behind you losing your children. All I can suggest is, think about the answers to these questions. Have you changed what needed to be changed in your life? You say you need a house to get them back. Do you have a home for them to live in? Is coming back to live with you the best thing for the children? (I don't know where they live now, another family member, foster care, etc etc.) Are you prepared emotional, financially, and stabily to care for them?
    I don't know your situation. I do wish you and your children the best of luck and hope it works out well for all of you.
    (HUGS)
    nowhinning

Answer by nowhinning at 11:30 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I honestly don't know
    but can say that
    I've been there. it IS
    a really really hard thing to go thru and
    although a family member now has my daughter they
    aren't letting me see her, and as far as i know
    its too late for me to do anything about it other then begging
    and pleading with them so i can
    how are u fighting after that long?
    is your case closed?
    did you get a new lawyer ?
    I'd really like to hear more because if theres
    a chance to get her back I'd love to know
    Anonymous

• why dont you go private the social workers should help you get the deposit and the dss will pay the rent for you good luck
    kitchenwitch123

Answer by kitchenwitch123 at 11:40 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Go to the local housing office and ask to get on the waiting list for Section 8 if you can't afford a house on your income.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:00 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I am sure they told you what you needed to do when the kids were removed. The more time that has gone by, the harder it will be because the kids may be doing well where they are. You really should talk to DSS and figure out if you can work out a plan. Are you homeless?
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:46 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• well you don't have to air your dirty laundry for us all to see...so I don't expect an answer to this.why did your kids get taken away in the first place? And are you willing to jump backwards through hoops to show you have changed either yourself or the living environment and fight tooth and nail to get them back? Cause if you can't honestly answer yes to that your not ready to get them back. I wish you luck.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:58 AM on Mar. 3, 2009