my toddler son is starting to cower all the time. Why is this happening?

I have twins who are almost 2. My husband and I both work outside the home. We have a nanny that comes to our home daily. Recently, my toddler son starting cowering all of the time, even when playing. I don't understand why. We don't hit him.

dianna25

Asked by dianna25 at 11:40 AM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• does the nanny hit him?? may want to do some investigating
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 11:41 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• What are the chances that the nanny is doing something wrong like hitting him? I have no idea why else he would do that unless it is a phase or something he is going through. Maybe you should install hidden cams in the house to see what all goes on when the nanny is over?
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 11:42 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• http://www.knowyournanny.com/
    Anonymous

• Not a good sign. I agree, set up some little cameras and see what's going on. If you don't see anything, you'll know to look for something else. If you spot something, you can go to the police.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:16 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I agree with cameras but they can cost alot..
    Why not ask your son why he is doing that? Ask him & his brother if the nanny hurts them. at this age they are starting to be able to talk about what is wrong, though you cant always fully trust they are answering right.... also how do they like their nanny? ussually if kids are being abused they will act diffrently when they know they will have to be with them..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:41 PM on Feb. 28, 2009