Making The Grocery List, Need Ideas!!

Hey Mamas! I am about to make my grocery list for 2 weeks, and I need some dinner ideas! Cheaply made though please, military paychecks aren't that great lol. :D

Sparta.

Asked by Sparta. at 11:46 AM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Will ya'lls just help the woman make her list!!! No one gets a good pay check anymore....paychecks don't seem so big...when everthing around us costs sooo much... I just made a list of stuff that sounds good...now let's hope when I actually go grocery shopping that I stick to it lol..
    Briyawna

Answer by Briyawna at 3:55 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• go to kraftfoods.com and look under the 5 meals one bag option. they have really good dinner ideas for cheap. we are in the same boat with the checks lol
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I think military paychecks are just as good as any civilian paycheck.. It all depends on how you spend the paycheck. My DH was in the Army for 20 years. So please stop trying make people feel bad for you. At least your DH has a stable job tell he gets out of the military.  Good luck on the grocery list

Answer by louise2 at 12:01 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Excuse me! I was not trying to make anyone "feel bad for me". I merely mentioned that military paychecks aren't that great. And yes he does have a stable job, which I am glad for. It's all well and good that you think military paychecks are just as good as cilivian paychecks, but let's see, the average E-4 makes somewhere around 4 dollars an hour. So please do tell how that is the equivalent of a civilian paycheck? Hmmmm It's not! It's less than minimum wage.
    Sparta.

Answer by Sparta. at 12:15 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• $4 but with lots of benefits.
    Anonymous

• Don't pay attention to Louise2. Or Anon. Potato chowder is good, and cheap. * cups peeled diced potatoes * 1/2 cup fine chopped onion * 1 cup grated carrot * 1 tsp salt * 1/4 tsp. pepper * 1/2 cup flour *4 chicken bullion cubes or equal amount broth powder. * 6 cups scalded milk *4 tablespoons of butter. In a large kettle, combine potatoes,onion, carrot, salt, pepper and bullion cubes. Cover with water 1" above veggies. Cook until tender, about 15-20 minutes. Do not drain. Scald milk. Remove 1 1/2 cups milk and add butter and flour to hot milk and stir with wisk. Add remaining hot milk to undrained vegetables, then stir in thickened milk. Stir until well blended. Simmer for 15 minutes.

You can also do rice and veggie stir fries, bean and cheese burritoes (very cheap- and easy), quiches, casseroles, baked potatoes, lots of eggs, salads, and soups.

Good luck!

Azure

Answer by Azure at 2:07 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Wish I could edit that... It's supposed to be FOUR CUPS of potatoes. Don't know how that got deleted in my first response.
    Azure

Answer by Azure at 2:08 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• You can to base a salary joboff of a hourly wage job. And he get a lot of perks.

Anonymous

• Good God the women asked for help on a grocery list!! Stick with the orginal question for God Sake no need to get all b!tchy over something. And it's really none of your business what her family makes.
    Anonymous

• Geeze Louise... (haha.. i amuse myself..)

I agree about military paychecks. My boyfriend is in the Air Force National Guard, and he gets screwed over big time considering his job is defending the country and putting his life in danger...

Anywhoo, you can't go wrong with Chicken and Rice recipes. Cheap and delicious. Check the www.campbellkitchen.com site.
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 6:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2009