What is the best place you have been and why?

With the ecomony we may not have the funds to go on vacation this year which has left me day dreaming of warm beaches in Mexico.

I would like to know ONE PLACE that you have been that you just loved and would recommend. [I am asking for only ONE so that you really think about which place was your favorite.]

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Travel

• Tahiti....but that was many years ago! for value if you can get away in the off season I have seen some really good cruise deals!!! Under 50$ a day PP including all the great food and room service!! Entertainment etc!!!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:56 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Lots of great shopping, wonderful setting, plenty of food options and you can go on your own budget. Choose from fast-food priced dining to fine dining...
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 2:07 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Jamaica - my SO and I went to Sandals a couple years ago and it was absolutely wonderful. I really do want to go back and hopefully soon.
    Anonymous

• San Antonio, TX. Theres so much to do and some of it is free/low cost. Theres the Alamo, The Riverwalk, SeaWorld, Six Flags, Schlitterbahn, wildlife preserve, Natural Bridge Caverns, loads of factory outlets for shopping, just tons of fun!!!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:38 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• China... so much culture and history and some very sweet people... it's also very beautiful
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 10:12 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Italy.
    Anonymous

• Venice, Italy...It was just very beautiful there. Loved the fact that it's a water city even though I can't swim lol...would love to go back anytime...
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 7:59 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Highlands of Scotland. It's amazingly beautiful, serene, people are wonderful, crime rate is low, it's full of rich history, there are bargains galore and so much to do. I'm normally scared when I travel but never got scared once while in Scotland.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Costa Rica. Loved the mountains, beach, food, culture. LOVED IT!
    Anonymous

• CAL-I-FORN-I-A!!!
    Anonymous