mini schnauzer question

my minaiture schnauzer had her litter and we have five pups to take care of, they are one week old and I'm concerned about when is it too late to get their tails docked <(not sure on spelling),hubby has check coming sometime next week will it still beokay to do it then?

MarGeee

Asked by MarGeee at 11:53 AM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Pets

• I would think it would be ok, have you called your vet to ask?
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 12:42 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• typically done between 2 and 6 days, at least that's what my vet called for on my heeler pups... might call and ask... has something to do with the time it takes the nerve endings to actually close in the tail.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• WEll we'll be going over a week,ugghh now I'm worried. =[
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 12:47 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• it will be too late. It needs to be done before a week of age. They will be perfectly fine with their natural tails. :)
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 1:54 PM on Mar. 1, 2009