32 weeks pregnant and doctors predict a premie =[

i spent 5 days in the hospital for having horrible contractions. Now i have to take Nafedapine to stop these contractions whenever i have them..

The thing is, is that im now im bed rest and im not supposed to be doing that much walking...

I NEED TO WALK AROUND!! if i dont move around my stomach starts to hurt alot because my baby is on one side of me..

Is there anyway that i can still move around with out causing myself to go into labor?

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 11:59 AM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I know it's hard but you really need to listen to your Dr. Call your OB and ask any questions you have to them instead of here. Check out this link too... http://www.marchofdimes.com/pnhec/188_1080.asp
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:03 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• drs cant predict it lol im in the same boat as you you arent really supposed to but i dont think a walk to the kitchen and back would hurt anything just try to not be on your feet for very long .. that is what i do because my daughter likes to just sit on my left side and it hurts sometimes im trying to make it as close to 37 weeks as i can im 32 now lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:03 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• yeah they said i prolly wont make it to 37 weeks because of my body type and how the baby is possitioned...ive already had a cervical ultrasound...also i had already dialated..
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 12:06 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• im dialated too im 2cm and 70% effaced as long as you take it easy you should be fine heck you could stay where you are at now til 40 week s
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:10 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I went through exactly (only I was 28 weeks when it started) what your going through now. I had to take pills around the clock though. I had a preemie while on the pills because if the baby wants out it is coming out. You can stall the labor but eventually the baby comes out no matter what you do in the end. Set yourself goals Like right now your 32 weeks make a goal of 35 weeks and it is less. A 32 weeker usually does fairly well if you get to the hospital in time for the steroid shots. Yes they stay in the hospital for a while but they usually are okay. By 34 weeks when I had mine he came home in 2 weeks no monitors. He was 6lbs 10 oz. By 35 weeks most hospitals can handle a preemie of that age and they don't see that as a big deal. 36 weeks is even better and my sister had one in her 36 week who came home 2 days later she had slight jaundice. 37 + is pretty much full term.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 12:41 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Honestly the best thing for you and your baby is to lay down and take the pain like a big girl. I was on bed rest for 4 weeks with my first and 10 weeks with my second...with my son my body hurt sooooo bad because your not streching etc. but it kept him in long enough to where the complications were minor with him being a preemie not major. One of the main reasons they want you lying down is so you take pressure off your already dialating cervex. I always just tried to stay positive ...one more day i can do this then my baby can probably stay out of the NICU...one more day of this and maybe my babies lungs will be more developed so he/she can breath on thier own....
    Deesworld

Answer by Deesworld at 12:47 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• No. Gravity will do some work to your uterus. I was put on bedrest at the hospital at 28 weeks (my third pregnancy). I hated sitting in bed all day and only getting up to use the bathroom. I wasn't even allowed to carry my then 10 month old when they came to visit. I didn't even know how the hallway to my wing looked like..lol I have 3 kids and 2 are preemies born at 28 weeks and 29 weeks. If you have questions, please feel free to message me. 32 weeks isn't too bad though...do what you can to avoid a long NICU stay mama! It's hard going through one.
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 2:19 PM on Feb. 28, 2009