Do you believe its all in "God's Plan" and if so, what does it mean to you exactly?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• If it's "all in Gods plan" then why bother praying? So that God can change His wonderful plan for your lives to suit your desires??? Yet so many times on here I see prayer requests - WHY? God already has His plan for your life as well as the lives of your friends and family (including children) ... kind of arrogant and selfish to ask Him to "change" His plan because you want someone to 'be safe' or 'pull through surgery' or what ever else you are asking for.

BTW - my answer to the OP... I do not believe in the existence of 'God' so my answer to your question is a simple - No.
    indigostone

Answer by indigostone at 3:13 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Nope.  Shit happens!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:18 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Yes, everything to one degree or another is part of his plan. Getting into a discussion of this magnatude on cafe mom would be difficult.

Bad things do happen that are not in his control however he does make something good result from these bad things. We have free will and because of that people are ble to do bad things to other people. It sucks but that is a small price to pay for the end result.

An example of this could be something like a car accident; A mother and child could be (God forbid) hit by a drunk driver and killed. Its crapy and sad, but free will allowed that drunk to get behind the wheel. However because that mother and child were organ doners another child who could need a heart would benifit. Something good out of something terrible.

There is always a plan, we may choose not to follow it but it is there.
    crysandlg

Answer by crysandlg at 12:26 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• No
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:43 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• with my whole heart... it also goes(IMO) hand in hand with "what doesn't kill us makes us stronger" best way I have heard it described is we are on a boat, and we are going, and we tell the captain(GOD) where we are going. we make the choices, but he is there to offer His wisdom and He tries to lead us the right way, but ultimately it is up to us which path we take. it can be hard and hurt sometimes, but I know that whatever God allows Satan to throw in my path it's not more than I can handle. I have watched my nephew be on chemo for almost 3 years, but I have seen my sister and BIL marriage and faith grow stronger. I see my niece turning into a beautiful and caring young girl. we don't always understand and we question Him at times, but He is always in control.
    TippyD

Answer by TippyD at 12:58 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• NO...Its obvious that god does not plan our lifes indivduly. He wants us all to worship him but we are given FREE WILL. If he did plan oue lives why would young children die, why would people be born with medical conditions that cause death, why would some be able to have children and not others.
    In the begining adam and eve were perfect and since they sinned we inherited imperfection. We have free will.The bible says unforseen occurences will occour. He would never "take" someone to cause pain to a person. He has thowsads of angels with him.
    Anonymous

• Cont... Life is what you make it and along the way stuff will happen that you did not plan to. Thats life.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I believe that God has plan for our lives. There is a divine will and a permissive will. Divine will is God's ultimate plan and destiny and permissive will is when the individual chooses not to follow the divine will. That is where our free will comes in. If we follow God's divine will we will achieve what we were created for in life but if we choose to have our own way permissive will he will not interfere but you do have to deal with the consequences of your decisions. People fail to realize that God sees farther than what we can see and wants to reveal to us the path without the hardaches of life. When we choose not to use his discernment for our path we encounter many unnecessary problems that God wanted to shield us from if we would only listen and follow his lead.

mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 2:38 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Yes God has a plan for each of us, he also knows when we will go against it as well, that is in His plan too. He knew what we would say or do beforehand. He is all knowing. He will not force His plan upon us but its going to happen anyway.

Jer 29:11-14 says

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:42 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Shaneagle,that is exactly the verse that came to my mind. Of course everything that happens is in God's will for our lives. Good or bad. If we didn't have the bad, we'd never develop character,and learn to trust God for the good. It also comes down to our free will. The bad happens because of our free will,not because of anything God did. He will allow us the free will,and will let things happen,to (hopefully) teach us.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 2:58 PM on Feb. 28, 2009