Xray on newborn?

My daughter had an upper GI today, she has been choking and they wanted to check her stomach. They covered her female area with the lead triangle. However, they were floppin her on both sides to get side x-rays... I'm worried about the radiation effecting her fertility. Will getting an x-ray that young effect her having babies in the future? Can one session of x-rays affect her? I had such trouble having her I don't want her to go through anything like that? How does x-rays affect female fertility?

CocoB22

Asked by CocoB22 at 12:16 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think, in general, the amount of radation from an x-ray is quite small. the covers are more of a CYA protection for the office doing the x-ray. Baby should be fine.
    Anonymous

• Of course it COULD but its not likely. Having ALOT of those tests will make the chances higher and higher. But I wouldn't stress about it.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 12:19 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• You've got enough worries about her real and right now health issue. Don't add any more to the pot mama!
    Anonymous

• I work with x-rays at work and it is such low radiation that even if they didn't cover her she would probably be fine....the only time it does damage if its coooonstantly being radiated...one x-ray as a newborn with NOT harm her...promise:)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:24 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• DH does many many X-Rays at work, and like the dumbass he is, he never uses protection. We've got 2 kids, one on the first try and the other without trying while I was on the pill. Didn't affect his fertility much!
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:26 PM on Feb. 28, 2009