My 15 month old son hates to sleep always has he fights it with every breath he rolls around in his crib all night he sleeps but not good quality sleep because he wake up cranky and tired has anyone els had a child like this do they grow out of it?

Please help

MoMMyto2971

Asked by MoMMyto2971 at 12:32 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter will be 2 in june and she has went through that whole thing, and it was hell. My suggestions are these: Make him take a nap about 4-5 hours after waking up, then play hard for the rest of the day. About an hour before bedtime, toss him in the bathtub and let him go at it... Tip: the bedtime bath from johnsons really does help. Please let me know if you try it and how it goes... but be aware that it could take a few days for him to get used to it so be patient.
    LuckyNavyWife

Answer by LuckyNavyWife at 12:46 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• My son is fourteen months and is doing the same exact thing. What works for us is strict routine. Make sure that he get breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks in between. Make sure you make a huge effort to go outside and get some sun. I make my sun take one nap of about an hour or two. I've found that any tv or light or any loud activity going on an hour or two before bed really disturbs his sleep so, i agree with getting him bathed with the lavendar bedtime bath (thats what we use) let him get last bit of fun out, read a book and to bed he goes.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 1:18 PM on Feb. 28, 2009