This might be a stupid question but I still want to know. lol

Is it okay for a baby to chew on a piece of steak? Mine likes it so I was just wondering.

I'm not talking about eating it, it's too tough to tear..Just chewing on it..For teething and because it tastes good.
Also, when did you introduce real table food to your baby? Do I want until 1 year?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No dont wait til a year unless they dont have teeth. I reccomend a book called super baby food by ruth yaron. It discusses what foods to introduce and when. all the way up to age 3.
    Anonymous

• i don't see anything wrong with it.
    it could be a choking hazard depending on the size and whatnot but if you are right there watching then i don't see a problem.

and no, you do not need to wait until 1 year to start table foods.
    check out baby led weaning.
    Anonymous

• They have these things that you can buy and put meats in and they can chew on them without chocking on it. I got mine at walmart, I'm not sure what it's called. It's like a handle with a net on it.
    Anonymous

• It's called an infant feeder I believe.
    Anonymous

• no its a safe teether
    Anonymous

• I would ask your peditrition...who knows maby its ok.But to be on the safe side incase he does get a tiny peice of steak while knawing on it,try a teething toy or even a rag,or try the parent made item at the store,you place food in it so the baby can't choke.its oarnge with a net.
    momof_5

Answer by momof_5 at 4:09 PM on Feb. 28, 2009