what on earth would YOU do??

if you caught your THIRTEEN year old son having SEX in his bedroom??? right now i am in shock and i'm guessing that he is too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• In all honesty, I would probably freak out. Scream and cry.

What I would like to THINK I would do is, sit him down and have a convesation about how he is too young to invole himself in such an activity. I would let him know the consequences that can come from having sex. I would also tell him, that if despite what you've said, he is still going to have sex, to make sure he is protected. Also, let him know that you are there to talk any time if he has questions or concerns.

nowhinning

Answer by nowhinning at 12:54 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Yikes! So young. I feel for you. I would freak too. As for what you should do...I don't think anyone knows your son like you do. Every situation is different. Talking about it is probably the first step. The rest will come naturally once you gauge the situation - how it came about - why he chose not to wait - IMO it is best to remain as calm as possible so he doesn't fear your reaction and can talk to you honestly. Explaining the realities of teen pregnancy, STD's, emotional consequences... MAy get his attention.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 1:08 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Oh NO. Im sorry you walked in on that! I think I would sit him AND her down & talk -did he use a condom? is she on birth control? (i lost my Virginity at 12). how long have they been dating? how do they view sex? as something emotional or just something fun to pass the time?
    Your son is FREAKING out right now & think his life is about to end! Poor Guy!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I been in the same situation when I was 17, although thats still young. But we heard his mom coming so I hid in the closet. Well she saw our aftermath and she knew what was up. And since she new that I was dating him, she already knew who the culprit was. She had real nasty words for me which at that time I deserved. But suprisingly the next day she called me and apologized and talked to me about what I want to do in life because if I get pregnant too early that life might not happen.
    Anonymous

• lol i like anon :28's answer, its very true.
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:37 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Mommytasha, who did you lose your virginity to at the age of 12, that is very young, eitther it was forced or you were a very rebellious kid
    Anonymous

• I like to think I wouldn't freak but I probably would! I would try to calmly talk to him about, if it has to wait a day or two before you can both talk about it just tell him that you will be talking about it. As others said emotional consequences of sex as well as STD's and pregnancy. Good luck momma
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 2:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• You do want to talk to your son,and then the girl.About everything invovled. Also let the girl parents know.They might be happy you told them,but if she comes from abusive home dont.Just talk to her. And if you can ,try to keep those two seperate from eachother.And in the future in your home set the guidelines down too.I know its hard,your in total shock right now.Teens are doing so much,it doesnt matter what home life the teen lives in.If there curius and if there friends are talking about it there likely gonna go for it.Hang in there.
    momof_5

Answer by momof_5 at 3:42 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Definitely talk to your son when you are feeling calm enough. Talk to his girlfriend, only if you can be fair.She is just as much at fault as your son- but she is not your kid. If you feel better have your SO talk to your son- but you should probably both do it together. Make sure that everyone is as comfortable as possible. 

Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 5:15 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• smack him throw her out of my house naked and laugh a lil then talk to him and call her parents
    myangelelena

Answer by myangelelena at 11:13 PM on Feb. 28, 2009