Do you homeschool your child

Do you homeschool? If so why do you homeschool? If not why don't you homeschool? My DD will start school next year she will be 5 in April next year then start in August so I still have a little time, but I cannot decide if I want to homeschool or if I want to put her in school. She want's to go to school she always tells me she is bigger now lol, but we live in a bad area so we do know we wont be putting her in those schools we will put her in another school. How can I decide if I want to homeschool or public school? How did you decide what you chose?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 12:53 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• We are a home schooling family. We chose home schooling back when it was basically unheard of (1985), because we felt it was the best option for what our goals were in raising our children. Public schools were never even a consideration for us, not only for religious reasons, but in doing the research we did, which included evaluating the curriculum that would be used, we found it to be filled with a lot of unnecessary and nonfactual information and was not quite at the standard we desired. There are many things to consider when making the decision of whether to home school. Not much space here to go into details. If you want feel free to PM me and I'd be glad to talk to you about it.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 2:47 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I do not and will not homeschool. I know that I do not have the dedication necessary to do it.

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:38 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I have homeschooled, and presently have 2 in private school & homeschool the two younger ones. In my opinion the academic level for homeschool is higher than even good private schools (in Mexico the grade level is one higher than in the US, and even so, the kids tend to be bored) . The older ones attend the best private school around, and the academic level is significantly lower compared to homeschool. . The upside is like ur child, my daughter wanted to attend school because of the other children there. She is VERY social, and loves being around other kids, and other kids love her. Being that I live in Mexico, there wasn't really any homeschool groups, etc. that I could join for friends for her. So she is very happy in school, and is also now bilingual. I think it has a lot to do with you and your situation.
    Panditacjp

Answer by Panditacjp at 10:44 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• My daughter attends a preschool. It's just not enough for her so I homeschool her as well. She is at a second grade learning level and will attend kindergarten in the fall. I really don't know how that is going to go for her. I want her to have the interactions and friendships that public school will provide but I don't want her to lag behind to stay with her peer group. I can only see what happens, take her imput into consideration, and do what I feel is best.
    frazzledmrs

Answer by frazzledmrs at 6:06 AM on Mar. 1, 2009