smelly discharge while pregnant can I take anything?

I have always had alittle bit of discharge since starting my period at 11 but never smelly or bad enough to wear a pantie liner. Now that I am pregnant I have smelly discharge and it's enough where I have to wear a pantie liner. I don't have an appointment till the 16th of March so should I call before or just wait??? I am 7 weeks 1 day pregnant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if there is an odor call the dr now because that could be infection or signs of other things and no without the dr saying its ok you arent supposed to use anything down there that is over the counter
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:15 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Well the odor is not when I wipe it's when I change my pad I notice it smells but it doens't smell when I pee. ALSO I am on progesterone that says it can cause smell of urine but I really don't smell anything till I change my pad in the morning.
    Anonymous

• I was in the same situation. Discharge from eleven and beyond. When I got pregnant, I started smelling like fish. Especially after sex. I had to wear panty liners everyday because the discharge kept ruining my panties. I had this for months because I was too embarrassed to tell my doctor. Turns out I had a bacteria infection. My doctor prescribed me some antibiotics and it cleared it up within a week! Now I just have slight discharge. Ask your doctor. He will know what to do for you.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 1:20 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• then its probably the discharge infection is normal in pregnancy and any dr will tell you tha tif there is an odor or a large increase in discharge to tell them right away doesnt matter if you 6 weeks pregnant or 38 weeks pregnant
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:21 PM on Feb. 28, 2009