Flintstone Vitamins in Place of prenatals?

I am not able to take prenatals because they make me very sick. my doc told me to start taking 2 flintstone vitamins a day instead. Anyone else doing this or have done this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yup i am it is the same thing just easier on your stomach i take the ones with extra vitamin c lol im trying to not get sick so much
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:22 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Ya thats what my doc told me when I was pregnant.
    mom2four25

Answer by mom2four25 at 1:24 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Yes. I wasnt able to keep the prenatals down so i switched to the kids vits. My dr told me it was fine as long as their was folic acid in them and something else that i cant remember, sorry pregnancy fog. But i have actually gotten to the point where i cant even keep those down so i try to eat foods that give me lots of good vits in them
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 1:25 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• You might at least think about adding some other vitamins like folic and dha.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:30 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Yes, I did this. I am the WORSE pill taker. It's so dramatic LOL! Everything I take is chewable or liquid.
    Anonymous

• YEP! when i was pregnant i had Horrible gag reflux lol. after about 1 month i couldnt swallow my prenatals without gagging. pretty funny. but i loved the flintstones! oh make sure you check the exp. date because once i got a bottle that was expired. when i took it back to exchange it almost all of the others were exp too!!! i noticed how hard it was when i was chewing it. yuck!
    princess021

Answer by princess021 at 1:37 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I have a friend that did that at her doc's recomendation. But have you tried taking the pre-natals before bed? That can help because you basically sleep through the sick feeling. Good luck!
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 1:48 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I DID THAT I HAVE A INTOLERANCE TO IRON AND I COULDN'T FIND ANY PRENATALS WITHOUT IRON. THEY HAVE THE SAME AMOUNT IN THEM AS PRENANTAL AND THEY ARE ETTER HTAN NOTHING
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 1:53 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I ACTUALLY TOO THE GUMMY ONES
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 1:54 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• all my dr.s told me that..and then i had to do this mandatory class before i could have my first prenatal through kaiser w my 2nd kid and the lady giving the class was this ready to pop Bitch and she went all nuts on me when i told her thats what the dr said i could take..talk about crazy hormonal preggo bitch.lol
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:03 PM on Feb. 28, 2009