Uggh! I burn ALL my pancakes! How the heck do I fry them without burning them. I wanted pancakes all week but I don't want these!

MamaChamp

Asked by MamaChamp at 1:28 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Here is the things I told my son when he had the same problem. Spray your pan good keep your flame on not quite full medium..just a little lower. Pour your batter, DO NOT LEAVE YOUR STOVE. watch for all the little bubbles to appear..most of them will pop and the top will lose it's 'wet' look. Flip only once. Over turning pancakes makes them tough. You can do this, just takes practice
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:38 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Have you tried spraying your pan with PAM or other non-stick spray first? Also try a lower heat setting.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 1:29 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I use veg oil because thats what the recipes usually say. But I will buy spray next time i grocery shop. yeah turning it down is common sense huh? The recipes usually say medium so thats what I do.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:32 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• AND DONT LEAVE THE STOVE...THEY COOK FASTT!!
    TSSN88

Answer by TSSN88 at 1:34 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• This is something my husband does and It's always because he tries to cook every thing on a high heat so it won't take as long..That's not how it works. lol.
    You have to cook pancakes on a low heat, like 3-4 and flip them regularly..Flip it as soon as you see the little bubbles around the edges of it, that will tell you the batter is turning in to the cake.
    Also you have to use something like Pam or Crisco to keep them from burning and sticking..Even in non stick pans they manage to be a hassle..
    Pancakes burn easily so cook it on low heat and flip it. Also make sure your pan is greased good.
    PinkDiamond717

Answer by PinkDiamond717 at 1:34 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• My husband makes these for us too here. He said to cook on low temp, spray pan, make sure you clean the pan in between each pancake, stay by it and monitor! his rules! Too funny that is the only thing my husband cooks that is good!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 1:37 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Preheat the pan with cooking oil. On medium heat. You flip them as soon as they form bubbles on top.
    mama28th

Answer by mama28th at 1:50 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Thank you ladies! Next time I make these...probably next weekend I will take ALL of this advice!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:52 PM on Feb. 28, 2009