I am almost 39 weeks pregnant and have been under lots of stress.

My body has been under so much stress due to being robbed, being charged falsely over three thousand dollars, my husband's grandma and my step grandma dying, and much more. I haven't felt this bad since the time I used to suffer from severe depression.

Can this stress be hurting the baby? What can I do to prevent it? I have a scheduled induction soon because I felt it was better to get the baby out than to have him suffer with me. Is that wrong?

I just don't know what to do anymore. I feel so hopeless.

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 1:29 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I saw your post yesterday. I'm glad today is better, but it's clear you have reason to feel depressed. This is a tough patch for you, I'm sorry.
    An induction is probably a good idea. Physically, you'll feel better because your hormones will calm down a bit and getting your old body back will do you a world of good. I know!

Once the baby arrives, if you still feel depressed, or get worse, ask for meds to get you through this time. I once had to use Effexor for about a year to get through a bad time and I'm so glad I did. That was years ago, and even though I still have days I'm blue, I know what to look out for and will go back on the meds if I ever have to.
    Anonymous

• no i dont think tha tis wrong of you because yes stres can hurt baby and if the baby starts stressign that can be bad ... i guess just try to sit back in a warm bath or something anything to try to relax im sorry about all the bad news but at least soon you will have a big good news .. i hope things get better
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:31 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• oh my goodness you really have been under a lot of stress. As for the effects on baby, i think since youre so far along (basicaly done) that it wont hurt baby developmental wise. But it may be affecting other things like their sleeping, movements, and so on. Does you dr know about what all you are going through? Try to think of things you like, like a trip you enjoyed or a picture you like to help destress you a bit. I know it is hard especially with everything going on but if youre still stressed out after the baby comes you arent going to be able to focus and do the best you can with them. Just keep breathing and know that you will get through this...Big Hugs
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 1:38 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• My doctor does not know. After my mother jokingly said something at my appointment she went to with me about induction, he asked me if I wanted to do it. I said yes and feel kind of guilty due to the fact that there are risks to it, but I think the risks of me being under the stress is more. I just want what is best for my baby and I don't think my baby should have to go through this anymore.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 1:55 PM on Feb. 28, 2009