engagement party

So my cousin is having an engagement party tonight and i have no clue what to wear and/or buy them? I mean she still has her bridal shower and her wedding in riviera maya thats going to cost me $1700...any ideas?

Kennadismom

Asked by Kennadismom at 1:38 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I read a book that says you should decide how much you would spend if you just had to get a wedding gift.... then if there are more parties just divide the cost into smaller gifts.

Say you would spend $100 on the wedding gift.....then if there is also a shower to then do $25 shower, $75 wedding gift. More parties shouldn't mean your friends are more broke.... personally I think that a bottle of wine and a card is a nice gift for an engagement party or something that they will need for the wedding (garter, ect.)
    Anonymous

• i agree i think she is being greedy
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 1:49 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• As for what to wear. I would go with something cute... like a skirt and a nice top. Or the ever dependable LBD.

As for a gift. I'd go with a bottle of wine, if anything. I've always thought the engagement party is just to get together and celebrate... not about gifts.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 2:24 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• me too. and since it is my cousin my mom asked if gifts were expected cause the last one i was invited to said real big no gifts and i quote my aunt said "well...uh i mean i guess you dont have ot bring anything...." sounds to me like someone wants presents
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 2:28 PM on Feb. 28, 2009